Publisher Critical Reflex today announced a release date for its upcoming tower defense game, ORX, on Steam and the Epic Games Store. The game mixes popular deck-building mechanics and tabletop games, like Carcassonne, to create a truly unique experience.
ORX pits players against hordes of ruthless enemies in a dark fantasy setting as they strive to grow their kingdom in a part tower defense, part deck building card game. Players can view the demoavailable until July 14.
ORX Early Access Release Date
ORX is set to release on PC Early Access (via Steam and Epic Games Store) on August 30, 2022. The Early Access version will have 2 playable factions, a 4-act roguelike campaign, 3 game modes, and more.
You can watch the release date trailer below courtesy of publisher Critical Reflex.
With over 300 cards to play, ORX invites strategy players to sit down and try their hand at building a thriving kingdom through thick and thin. Build roads and fortifications and gather troops to survive the onslaught! With 9 different clans to take down, each with 7 enemy types featuring different behaviors and attack styles, players will need every card in their arsenal to stay victorious.
The game has been handcrafted to be an experience that grows with the player – from an elemental system that affects both players, structures and enemies, to an event system that gives players tough choices that will affect their gameplay. ORX is designed to be a one-of-a-kind strategic experience. Progress, conquer and save your forces before the next wave, all to the accompaniment of an adaptive soundtrack, created by Nicolas de Ferran.
- The power is in your deck – Manage your gold wisely as you earn it over time to build farms, villages and other locations – some of which can be searched for chests that contain almighty rewards.
- Play 2 different factions at launch – Each with their own set of unique cards! Face your enemies by controlling the Dune Reavers or the Rune Wardens. Rune Wardens are made for players who are steadfast warriors. While the Dune Reavers are suitable for flexible strategy players who live by the motto: “the best defense is a good offense”.
- 4 hard-hitting bosses to conquer – Take down the biggest and baddest as you conquer and build a war-torn land. Each boss will test you in unique and challenging ways!
- Progression system – As you grow stronger and smarter, so will your enemies – bringing new types of warriors and game modes to the playing field.
- Rogue-like style campaign – Four acts, featuring four different biomes and sub-biomes, with day and night season cycles!
- Face over 30 different enemies – Be prepared to adapt your tactics as you take on demons ranging from grunts to ORX heroes, each armed with different skills to try and bring you down.
- Advanced Difficulty Modes – Have you conquered the countryside? Test your power and level up in an even tougher setting – test yourself and go from Classic mode to Ironman or Hard mode!
- Share your stats – With your stats and scores readily available for your sharing, you can compare your end base with other players.
For more information about the game, please visit the game’s Steam store page.
Source: press release